1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resume for JetBlue's ab initio program

Discussion in 'Resume Assistance' started by Aluminum Showers, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Aluminum Showers

Aluminum Showers Active Member

Hey guys. Quick intro. Well, sort of.

I'm a controller who was bitten by the aviation bug since I was a little kid. About seven or eight years ago, when it was time to change careers, I was about ready to take the plunge and go the pilot route -- but got too wrapped up in worrying about money, as my wife was still working through college. At the same time, the FAA had just opened up ATC to the general public, so I went for that instead.

But it's five years in and I'm not really enjoying it like I wanted to. More importantly, I still want to fly, and we're now in a better financial situation. After reading the roughly seven hundred "am I too old?" threads here, we decided, nope, I'm not, and maybe it's time to get with what I was supposed to be doing all along.

Some of you already are aware that JetBlue's starting up an ab initio program. Here's the thread, if you're not. Honestly, it seems like a golden opportunity for someone in my place. I've got the drive to do it, and I want to pull out all the stops in getting there.

Also, I've got a pretty strong history with JetBlue already... the TLDR is that during the month of unlimited flying program they ran about six years ago, I was their best-known customer. International media, loads of free advertising, speaking at conferences, blah blah blah. If you've been around JC long enough, you might remember me under a different name. I need to use this one for privacy... long story.

The job description isn't out yet, but you know how fast these things can open and close, so I want to be ready. Would any of you be willing to look over my resume, see what you think? Come on, I'll give you free vectors. Direct to the FAF. Swap out your EDCT for some other guy's. Deal?

Per moxie's, and other people's, advice, I went single page on the resume. Tried to filter out the less relevant stuff and highlight why I'm some guy off the street who's better than some other guy off the street.

Thanks everyone. Thank you thank you thank you thank you thanks.

Attached Files:

2. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Well-Known Member

Pm sent

3. Aluminum Showers

Aluminum Showers Active Member

Thanks, appreciate the help.

moxiepilot likes this.