1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle???

Discussion in 'Interview Experiences' started by TxGuy, Nov 7, 2010.

1. TxGuy

TxGuy New Member

Hey guys, first post and love all the information i've read and have learned so far. Has anyone gone to a Pinnacle interview recently? Or does anyone have one scheduled coming up?
  2. Italianaviator

Italianaviator Well-Known Member

I have a buddy that has one with them either this week or next. Maybe I can get some I formation from him for you after he finishes. Do you have one scheduled?
  3. JamesD

JamesD Well-Known Member

Hey. I have the same question. I just applied to Pinnacle last week and haven't been able to find any gouge on them. If you could post anything your friend says that would be awesome. Also could you ask him how long it took after he submitted his App until he got a call from them? Thanks!

James
  4. TxGuy

TxGuy New Member

Hey JamesD,

I just interview there yesterday so I will give you an up to date gouge.

They are very friendly and very professional they are there to hire you! They pay for your trip out and they also pay for a hotel room as well. Pretty nice in my eyes. Interview starts at 0800 at the hotel in a meeting room. Interviews are done in an actual room of the hotel they just configured it for the interview. Worked out well I think! In the interview it is 2 pilots and 1 HR rep giving the interview!

HR started the questions:
    1. What do you know about Pinnacle
    2. Tell me a time when you were stressed
    3. Tell me a time when you got negative feedback and how did you handle it

That was it

Pilots then asked;
    1. Asked you to brief an ILS approach , 36L into MEM....if you brief this approach well, you might get asked maybe 1 or 2 more questions such as, it says ILS at the top can you shoot it as a LOC approach. What is the holding speed for this missed approach.
    2.Then asked what Critical Mach was and Mach Tuck
    3. Asked me about the previous airplane I flew, the landing gear system, how much fuel it held, the engines, the burn rate, and the endurance range.
    4. Asked me what RVSM was
    5. Asked me what altitude RVSM starts at
    6. Asked me what clearance does RVSM allow, (1000 ft seperate clearance)
    7. Read a TAF and asked if we needed an alternate and why
    8. If you had a scattered layer of clouds at 200 feet is that considered a ceiling
    9. When do you need a take off alternate

That was it then they asked if I had any questions.

It was a great expereience and they are a great group of people!!!

When I turned in my app it took about 2 weeks before I got the initial phone call for the phone screening.
  5. JamesD

JamesD Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks a lot man. Very helpful and good to know. I submitted my App about a week ago so hopefully next week I will hear from them. Thanks again.

James
  6. TxGuy

TxGuy New Member

Good luck! It was an awesome time/experience!
  7. Cherokee_Cruiser

Cherokee_Cruiser Well-Known Member

Pinnacle interviews are very simple. You'll be hired if you have a baseline pulse.
  8. JamesD

JamesD Well-Known Member

Thanks! Could you get any feel as to what kind of numbers they were looking to hire? AirlinePilotCentral just says "Hiring due to attrition" No figures.

James
  9. jynxyjoe

jynxyjoe The Kickin' Chicken!

Well, they are about 100-200 understaffed depending who you talk to. So they'll be hiring 20-40 people.
  10. ctab5060X

ctab5060X Well-Known Member

Who knows?? We have been understaffed for the longest time and for the longest time there was no hiring at all. Now they have decided to hire like crazy, so as far as total numbers they want... your guess is as good as mine.

I will say that the latest number I have heard concerning attrition is ~15 pilots a month. From what I can tell, that is a fairly accurate number as that is about how many numbers in senoirity I have been going up each month.
  11. TxGuy

TxGuy New Member

At the interview they said next year they are looking to hire 160. The training classes for the rest of 2010 are filled but they are currently interviewing for classes in January.
  12. JamesD

JamesD Well-Known Member

Nice! Now I know you have to have a first class medical in order to use your ATP and and be Captain, but since you are not going to be Captain for a number of years (if at all in some cases) will they really not hire/interview people that don't have a current first class medical? I have no problem getting one its just the person that does a first class is hard to get scheduled with. I am going to get it one ASAP, but I am starting to wonder now if I will hear from any of the airlines because I only have a Second class currently.
  13. JOEFRIDAY2

JOEFRIDAY2 Well-Known Member

In order to get hired, they want you to have a first class medical in order to "prove" you are able to get a first class medical. They don't want to invest the time and money into your training and career and then find out you can't get the first class medical.

Joe
  14. Italianaviator

Italianaviator Well-Known Member

Yeah I would agree with Joe, for instance at the Eagle interview my medical expired this month and they had some questions about it as to why I didn't get a new one for the interview. They said it was fine because if it wasn't still current that I wouldn't even been selected for an interview. Also most company websites have first class medical as a requirement. So I would guess that, that could be one possibility to your hang ups.
  15. kellwolf

kellwolf Deadbeat

# Commercial Pilot Certificate.
    # 1000 hours total time.
    # 200 hours multi-engine
    # Multi-Engine Current & Instrument Current
    # Currently hold a FAA First Class Medical Certificate
    # Must be a U.S. Citizen or have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
    # Must be 21 or older
    # No felony convictions
    # Be willing to take a drug test

First class medical REQUIRED. Don't have one, likely you won't even make it past the computer, much less get a call for an interview. Like was said above, fog the mirror and you're more or less golden. We've been short since they stopped hiring two years ago, we told them we were short over the summer, and the response was "If we hire now, we'll have to furlough in the fall." Now, we're short during the "slow period" because we didn't hire. It's even worse because we don't have enough sim time to run new hires, upgrades, LOFTs and PCs at the same time. Guys are getting through ground school and waiting around for a sim to open up. We've even got guys on the line having their PCs and LOFTs canceled due to lack of sims. Pretty much, business as usual, so know what you're going in to.

The fact we're buying a hotel room for the interview is insanely new. Used to, they'd positive space you up, provide transit to and from the airport and give you lunch during your interview at the CEC, that was it. I know a couple of the guys that are doing interviews right now (one is even a reserve MEM CA), and they're both good guys.

Come in with your eyes open and your expectations low, and you probably won't be caught off-guard. Come in expecting a class operation that's well organized and respects their pilots.....well, you're gonna be crying in your beer pretty quickly. But at least you'll have an extra 2 hours to drink it.
  16. blee256

blee256 Well-Known Member

If you get this question, ask if the plane and crew is Cat II qualified. HAHA. jk. Dont ask that.

But I second everything Kellwolf said. Good luck in your interview. Do you mind telling us what your times were? you can PM me, if you would like. thanks!
  17. kellwolf

kellwolf Deadbeat

No, but this is something you and I are about to have to start thinking about. New hire FOs might not meet the hour requirements even if they've got a CAT II sign off from training.
  18. seeingstarz

seeingstarz Well-Known Member

Are people getting called thru Airline Apps submittals only?
  19. TxGuy

TxGuy New Member

My times were 2100 TT and about 350 multi. I just did airlineapps only cause I didn;t know anyone involved with Pinnacle and it took about 2 weeks to get a call from them to schedule the interview.
  20. ctab5060X

ctab5060X Well-Known Member

Same goes for FOs...

Just because the CA is qualified doesn't mean they aren't "high mins".