1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neuro-cognitive testing for Special Issuance

Discussion in 'Ask A Flight Surgeon' started by G5JetFred, Oct 7, 2016.

1. G5JetFred

G5JetFred New Member

Greetings Fellow Aviators! I've been reading things on here for a while, but this is the first time I'm posting need some advice.........

I had a very minor stroke almost two years ago, where the only symptom (slurred speech) resolved within about 24 hours; no permanent or residual deficits or problems. Since the mandatory two year wait is almost complete, it's about time for me to start the required process for a Special Issuance. My docs say I'll have no problems "passing" any of the required medical tests. But the other "hoop" to jump through will be the neuro-cognitive testing. Does anyone have any past experiences dealing with aviation psychologists or taking the battery of neuro-cognitive tests (that the FAA requires for post-stroke Special Issuance) that they'd care to share? Also looking for a recommendation in the Socal area for an Aviation Psychologist who can administer these FAA-required neuro-cognitive tests. Or any info from any airmen who have gone through the post-stroke Special Issuance process!