1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My experience at Ben Aviator College in Ft. Pierce, FL

Discussion in 'Collegiate Aviation' started by tomdaniels27, Jan 11, 2011.

1. BillErvin

BillErvin Peddling as fast as I can

I'm not sure post count means much of anything. Posts can be anything from a really long two page run-on sentence to a single :drool: emoticon. It seems to be some sort status symbol to some on here.

Just comparing the two or us, you joined nearly a year and a half after me yet you have nearly twice as many posts, it just doesn't mean that much.

I agree with those that say do your due diligence, but I also agree that you need to do your homework "literally" nobody is going to hold your hand at aviator, you're expected to pull your own weight study wise. I saw it all the time party, party, party, come in on the noon shuttle hang out for a few hours, ride the shuttle back to the houses. There were also times where Kenny and I were the only ones flying.... the reason, too many clouds, too much wind. Oh yeah, and my personal favorite "the only opening is 7am I don't want to get up that early", yada yada yada. These were the same ones sitting in the lounge area whining about not flying enough and blaming everything and everybody but themselves.

Hey Josh, let me know how many contact you about getting their money back :)
  2. drunkenbeagle

drunkenbeagle Gang Member

Not saying it means everything, not at all. But it does mean that we all have had a chance to read about what your background, experience, and opinions are. It certainly counts for something - certainly with "networking" mission of this website.

And hey, what the hell. I am an impartial observer here in Florida. Maybe I will head down to Ft Pierce and give an objective report. Good or bad, i am sure it would carry some weight here.

But a nickels worth of free advice - don't be so defensive when someone complains about something online. Just blows things out of proportion. Your energy is way better spent just talking to people and looking for ways to fix their gripes in the future.
  3. BillErvin

BillErvin Peddling as fast as I can

Not defensive at all, just stating my opinion.
  4. WillingToFly

WillingToFly New Member

Hi Gents

I am considering to take Professional Program at this school. As a foreign national I am interested how the school treats
    international students? I am asking because, according to the info found on internet there were some issues... such as "They know that
    in case of student dissatisfaction there is only one way for him... go back home". It means that he cannot change the school
    if he is not happy about training. Knowing this, the school doesn't really care about students.Do any of you guys can confirm such allegation?
    One more think. Because English isn't my first language, what is my chance to get a job as a CFI (in Aviator) after completion of Pro program?
    Is there any chance??

Regards
  5. John Grier

John Grier Well-Known Member

They treat everyone like . There was one Asian instructor there who seemed to always be with his students and taking the extra time with his students. The instructors don't get paid to spend time with you or give you ground, they get paid for flight hours and that is all they care about. Yes, you don't like it you can put up or shut up or go home. I would not do it.

I had to go to MCO one night to get a student who had been traveling for days to get there because it was new years eve and everyone was too drunk to pick her up and they told her to find a hotel and someone would get her the next day. I drove two hours each way to get her and brought her back to my dorm. It took a day for them to come find her and move her into her own dorm.
  6. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I know of a couple of students who became so frustrated they started looking for another school. It is possible to transfer, but the school you leave has to 'transfer you out' in an online system. Instead Ari Ben dismissed those students for miss-conduct. When I left, I had the new school contact the state dept on my behalf to ensure they couldn't do the same thing to me.

You are moving to a foreign country, and are putting yourself at risk in a lot of ways, especially with English as a second language. I hear good things about Hillsboro Aviation, and I know there is a big community of European instructors out here. In hindsight, that's probably where I would go.
  7. dwe213

dwe213 Well-Known Member

Willingto fly: I haven't been on JC for the last couple months and just saw your post.

I am a current student (MEI) here since January. I transferred from a flight school in Kansas that went bankrupt. I drive the shuttle bus and answer the phone for Aviator part-time--jobs which have given me an opportunity to meet many students from around the world here. If you are a prospective flight student I would be glad to put you in touch with current students, including students from your home country, so that you can have up-to-date information about Aviator. There are about 250 students here now, 50 instructors, 30 planes and a two-year College on the campus.

You may reach me directly at 607-351-2191 or dwe213@yahoo.com. If you call the Flight School at 800-635-9032 They can also put you in touch with current students from around the world. http://www.aviator.edu/

Your best source of information--next to talking with current students--is a campus visit. Aviator will pay for your hotel for a night, and transport you to and from the airport (PBI or Orlando). For two days you can ride along on training flights, attend Ground School classes, talk with students and instructors, see 100-hour inspections being done in the hanger, visit the on-campus housing and basically life the life of a student.

Hope this is helpful--David Elliott
  8. L-16B

L-16B Well-Known Member

Aviator rules! Brian bell!!
  9. proxima3003

proxima3003 Well-Known Member

No, Pierre rules!