1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi-Engine Rental

Discussion in 'Flight Academies and Fixed Base Operators (FBO)' started by AirVenture, Apr 16, 2007.

1. AirVenture

AirVenture Well-Known Member

Hey everybody,

I was wondering what the process is like for renting one of Skymate's Seminoles. I'll be spending three months at a job in the Dallas area and would like to keep my currency up and maybe build some multi time (15-20 hours). I see that they require 5 PIC in type for rental. I currently only have 2 hours, so I'll need to go up with instructor for a few hours, which is fine with me. It'll be a good way to get use to the area and comfortable again in the twin. Are the aircraft in good condition? What is their availability like? Are they available for overnight trips?

Thanks,
    -Brett
  2. SmitteyB

SmitteyB Well-Known Member

Airventure-

The Seminoles are in good shape, later model, run perfectly. To be able to rent is a simple checkout and the required 5 hours of PIC. You can schedule the airplanes for overnight trips and there's usually one open most of the time. Look forward to seeing you down there...doh....here. Down here.

And that is if you meet these requirements:

Airman Cerification : AMEL, Private, Commercial or ATP
    Pilot Time : 250, of which 50 must be in complex aircraft
    PIC Time In Multi Engine Airplane: 25, or 5 hours PIC in Make and Model or completion of approved Skymates course of 10 hours.
  3. AirVenture

Hey sounds terrific. I'm a 410TT/20ME CFII and looks like I meet all of those requirements. I can't wait to get some fun Texas flying in! :)

-Brett
  4. ryanmickG

ryanmickG Well-Known Member

Texas is flat.

Its the largest landing strip in the world tho....
  5. CFIscare

CFIscare Well-Known Member

Makes it easy to know when you need to pull up...
  6. mojo6911

mojo6911 Well-Hung Member

I am looking to split some multi-time. PM me when you get here.
  7. kellwolf

kellwolf Deadbeat

Ha! That's the first thing I said when I went up with Travis the first time. "Damn, well if I have an engine failure, I'm golden around here." Only difference b/w TX and FL is FL has more lakes and swamps to land in. :)
  8. Keebler

Keebler New Member

You guys obviously haven't flown the canyon from Amarillo to Childress, though I suppose it's flat on top and at the bottom. Just let ATC know as there is no coverage down there.
  9. AirVenture

Sounds good, I'll let you know when I get settled in down there.

I'm pretty use to flat up here in the midwest. However, it'll be nice to see something other than corn fields! While I'm down there I'd like to hit up a few states I've never been to (NM, LA, MS, AL, AR) and maybe fly back home once or twice.

-Brett
  10. kellwolf

kellwolf Deadbeat

Flying into New Orleans is a good time. You're not missing much in MS. Asky WAFlyBoy about his adventure to AL in a Twin Commanche. :)
  11. jbpilot

jbpilot Well-Known Member

I see that the Private Multi course that Skymates offers is only 4.5 hours of flight time. Does this qualify one to rent after completing the course, or do you still have to fly an additional 5.5 hours with an instructor afterward?