1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest! Follow new job postings on Twitter and Facebook

Lear 60 FO

Discussion in 'Jobs Available' started by fsiflyer, Dec 26, 2007.

1. fsiflyer

fsiflyer Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,
    My company has had a complete overhaul and we have recently brought on another Lear 60. We have openings for two Lear 60 FO's. You do not need to be type rated as we will send you to either Flight Safety or Simuflight (we have authorizations for both). I asked my DO if I can post this here as I want to give someone deserving on this site first dibs before we start searching on the outside. Here are the requirements:

-1500TT (Pretty hard number as you will be type rated and earn your ATP at training)
    -200 Multi (not a hard number but the more the better, insurance thing)
    -50 Instrument (be real comfortable with approaches and be able to talk about them during an interview. We shoot 200 and 1/2 all the time so we can't have an FO freaking out all of a sudden when you don't see the ground)
    -ATP written out of the way...for above reason
    -Prior jet experience is a huge plus as the Lear 60 can get away from a person really quickly. It is a rocket compared to a CRJ or ERJ (I flew both so I have experience). We have no acceleration altitude as we can climb straight up to FL410 on most days without too much of a problem. ATC loves us because going fast and going up fast are out specialties.

And most important thing...BE A GOOD PERSON. Actually that is more important than total time or multi. Our schedule is 8 on 6 off. On the first day we airline out to the airplane wherever it is in the country, then fly around. On the last day you are airlined home and then enjoy 6 days at home. Not to bad really. Now you must be a fun person as 8 days on the road gets us really close. If you are slam clicker do not apply as we all like to have fun on the road. We have awesome pilots (retired SWA, former Top Gun instructor, and myself of course :))

So if you are ready to work hard, build hours pretty quickly, and earn a type rating in an advanced glass cockpit airplane in the process let me know. My DO told me to sift through the resumes and give him those that I believe can cut it. Then he will call you for a phone interview. Impress him on the phone and he will fly you out to Phoenix for a one on one. From there...who knows. You do not need to live in Phoenix. We are nothing like netjets except that we can live anywhere :). Pay is based on experience and will be discussed at the interview. I can say that it will be upper 40's to low 50's. So spell check you resumes, don't be surprised if I contact you before the DO does, and perhaps we will be flying together.

Please understand that there are only two openings and I can't get everyone a chance for an interview. If you think you have a solid resume and background don't hesitate to send it to me. Please don't PM or email me to ask if I received it or if I will call you. Please DO PM me if you have valid questions as I am always open in helping out.

For those that want to check my credentials you can ask Doug or Stone Cold about me. They know who I am and will provide a background reference on me that I am for real here. My email address is below. I look forward in flying with some of you perhaps.

fsiflyer@hotmail.com

Take care...

Allen
  2. stuckingfk

stuckingfk Well-Known Member

Sounds great FSI,

I have a questions if you don't mind.

How many hours are your pilots flying each year? Benefits? Vacation? etc Looks like a great opportunity for the correct person.

Thanks for posting on JC
  3. fsiflyer

We fly quite a bit...around 75 hours a month if not more. Medical and dental are company paid and we get one week vacation in year 1. On the 8 days that you are on expect to fly everyday. Longest flight day I had so far was 10.4 hours block time. We stay at second tier hilton/marriot properties such as the Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton Inn. Before QOL was pretty tuff because we were really short staffed. Management finally has gotten the picture and is properly staffing and working us. It has recently become a joyful place to be. Hope this helps.
  4. blee256

blee256 Well-Known Member

I see that your former military, Is the company willing to work with Guard and reserve members?
  5. Stone Cold

Stone Cold Well-Known Member

Interesting and PM sent...
  6. blee256

thinking of leaving SK L?
  7. Stone Cold

Stone Cold Well-Known Member

Hehe...been on the road since Dec 8th, home tomorrow, then have a 7-8 day trip on the 1st. Of course, it's an all-expense (skiing included) paid trip to Eagle, CO, but still...any questions?

Oh, yeah, and I'm still on call for the whole 4 days I'm home...

How's life in the tundra treating you??? You still in that crashpad?
  8. fsiflyer

Absolutely, over 50% of us are former military. DO, CP, and a few pilots. No worries with that at all.
  9. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Well-Known Member

sounds like a great opportunity
  10. mojo6911

mojo6911 Well-Hung Member

Grammar check as well...:D
  11. fsiflyer

Grammar...nah. We are pilots not English teachers. :) Good catch.
  12. mojo6911

mojo6911 Well-Hung Member

Does that mean I get the job? j/k I would love something like this, but I am about 300 hours short of ATP mins.
  13. blee256

I have been on mil leave since June, and I haven't been in that crashpad since the early part of the year. I have been taking advantage of the the TDYs to DTW. extra per diem and a hotel, I cant pass on that, ya know. I don't even know if the crashpad is still in operation.

Good luck

-brian
  14. pressclick

pressclick Well-Known Member

Those mins are a ways off for me but at least on the horizon. Still, it's motivational to read about a good, obtainable flying job with solid pay and posted by someone who is enthusiastic about it.
  15. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Well-Known Member

Seriously.

I've got the time, now it's just a matter of timing.
  16. simpleman

simpleman New Member

This job sounds right up my alley. How do I apply. What is the name of the company. Tell me more.
  17. mnixon

mnixon Well-Known Member

18. Patrick

Patrick Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great opportunity for the right person. Kudos for posting this here first!
  19. LearjetPilot

LearjetPilot New Member

Dear FSIFlyer:

Does your company have any need for a low time (1000 actual/700 sim) current LR-JET (20,30,55 series) FO?
  20. fsiflyer

Unfortunatly no. We are strictly a Lear 60 operator and the 1500 hours is a pretty hard number, otherwise insurance goeas through the roof as well as ARGUS issues. Good luck with your search.