1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jepp View Pro

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by seagull, Jan 30, 2013.

1. seagull

seagull Well-Known Member

After using the LIDO EFB for several years, my company has decided to return to Jepp and their Jepp View Pro EFB. I must say that it is so much less user-friendly, lacks so many features and the displays are so much worse that it is beyond description. Jepp, if you're listening, you should copy some features from what LIDO did. You are far from "all that"!
  2. jtrain609

jtrain609 Well-Known Member

What was the reason for moving back to Jepp? Strictly monetary?
  3. amorris311

amorris311 Well-Known Member

I caught a ride on you guys the other night and the crew spent a lot of the time in cruise saying exactly the same thing. Too many pages you have to open up in the efb format. It is much easier with the paper. Granted I only saw it once and for about three hours.
  4. seagull

No reason was given, but your guess would be mine. My speculation is that they got a great deal in a package with the 777 and/or 767s, but I really don't know. I only know that it is a vastly inferior product.
  5. C150J

C150J Well-Known Member

Seagull - am I assuming correctly that this is the non-iPad version? My guess is that they've all but stopped supporting what your company bought, hence a great deal (as you mentioned).
  6. seagull

This is well beyond the IPAD, this is the Jepp Pro EFB hardware that is set up to be able to interface to the FMS, moving maps, and the whole 9 yards. IPAD type stuff would just be for backup if the main system fails.
  7. C150J

C150J Well-Known Member

Interesting - we have Pro Line Fusion, which contains e-charts that are fantastic. Disappointing to hear that they're not keeping up on the larger aircraft.
  8. jtrain609

jtrain609 Well-Known Member

You can even do that? My plane doesn't have VNAV and my flight kit weighs over 40 lbs!
  9. seagull

What have you compared it to? If all I had seen were Jepp paper charts before and/or had never used anything but the Jepp Pro product, I would have thought it was fantastic also, but now that I have seen what LIDO has to offer, I am less than impressed with Jepp.
  10. seagull

PFM
    jtrain609 likes this.
  11. C150J

C150J Well-Known Member

I concede that I haven't seen LIDO - maybe I'm missing out! Our charts are all auto-referenced from what we load in the FMS and allow for a multitude of viewing options. What kind of features did LIDO have?
  12. seagull

Mostly just could do the same things with fewer button pushes. More like a combination of the features of an IPAD with the fancy stuff of the installed system. Fewer pages to go through, faster slewing, faster to send charts, sync both sides, multitask. Better charts in terms of depiction. Dynamic charts that show all lettering face up without needing to ever rotate anything. That is just off the top of my head. The Jepps are essentially just PDF's, really can't do the same things. The LIDO is more like a photograph on an IPAD where all the essential information is dynamically kept at the appropriate size while you can expand the detail with two fingers like an IPAD and more detail is displayed as you zoom in. I'm not doing it justice right now, it is better than that, but time for bed for me!