1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyperphoria

Discussion in 'Ask A Flight Surgeon' started by Z06z33, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Z06z33

Z06z33 Well-Known Member

Well things were going great got selected to be a Naval Aviator got to OCS got my head shaved then I took the flight physical and it all went down hill as I busted it,apparently I have a right hyperphoria of 2.0 and an exophoria of 5.0 the Navy limits it at 1.5 for the hyperphoria and 6.0 for the other one ..... I passed everything else with flying colors down to my 20/15 vison... Will this keep me from getting a first class medical,I read the regs and it looks like all I need to do is prove to the AME (with a form from a eye doc) that I don't have double vison,which I don't I only see one of everything except when there are more than one of said things present lol... Thoughts on this condition and what I need to do,also is surgery an option for me if I can't pass with my current condition.

2. Lawman

Lawman Well-Known Member

Go over to Airwarriors.com and hit up the Flight Doc section. There are a lot of questions already answered over there in regards to the NAMI Whammy.

You would not be the first guy to be all good to go, get hit full stop, and have to fight to get what you wanted.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk