1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Jet Flying position

Discussion in 'Member Announcements' started by drupilot54, Jan 6, 2017.

1. drupilot54

drupilot54 Well-Known Member

Hello JC-ers. I am so excited to announce that i have been given the opportunity to fly for Endeavor Air starting February 6th with the CTP course being on January 16th. This is exactly a way to get a New Years started. I wanted to thank everyone on here because reading what everyone writes and taking it in perspective really did help make my decisions easier.

There are a lot of new things i will be learning so i know it will feel like a lot of information in a short time, but I have heard very good things about their training department so cheers to that.

P.S. @jetstar242 I just read your post and looks like we will be classmates come February. Small world to have a fellow JC-er in the same airline and in the same class.

tcco94, Hacker15e, phill1174 and 5 others like this.
  2. Finny

Finny Well-Known Member

Welcome and congrats on the gig!

You'll really like the training department. They've got a great group of instructors that will really help you succeed at the airline.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. Congrats again!

drupilot54 likes this.
  3. drupilot54

One thing i was curious about was the reserve times in DTW for 900? I have heard they are about 4 moths, know anything about that?

What about 900 in the NY bases? Is someone likely right after IOE hold a line there or at the maximum wait about a month and then be a line holder?

4. Finny

Finny Well-Known Member

900 is going to be more senior anywhere you go. As of right now, all new hires are going to NYC. That being said, there is some back filling of DTW as guys upgrade.

If you want a line quicker, bid the 200. If you really hate it you can always transition over to the 900.

5. Jordan93

Jordan93 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

6. drupilot54

Honestly I want to build 121 time as quickly and safely as possible. At the same time, i want to be on reserve as less as possible, hence whatever base that gets me, i would be willing to move. I think all the things you say are basically leading to the point that 200 is going to have the shortest reserve time and will get me flying more, quicker, correct?

7. drupilot54

Also thank you both for welcoming to the team

8. KSCessnaDriver

KSCessnaDriver Well-Known Member

In general, yes, the 200 will get you off reserve quicker. Either way, you'll be in NYC. If you don't like the 200, you can move to the 900 on the first vacancy after you finish OE. Personally, I'll stay on the 200 until I get forced off of it, the pay difference just isn't worth going to the 900 to do 3+ hour long flights in the tiny cockpit of the CRJ. Welcome to 9E

9. drupilot54

But isn't the disadvantage of the 200 that you have to do more legs?

10. Cptnchia

Cptnchia Well-Known Member

Hence more experience, faster. One doesn't learn a lot while dozing for dollars.

11. Finny

Finny Well-Known Member

More legs yes, but that is kinda nice right off of OE. Helps to solidify your operational flying.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the 900 over the 200. It just isn't worth sitting on reserve for a few more months to fly it.

12. KSCessnaDriver

Sure, maybe a few more. Rarely have I had a 6 leg day. Occasionally 5 legs, usually not more than 1 day per trip. I don't mind doing many legs, when I'm at work, I want to work. I'd rather work hard for a trip and be efficient versus working more days to only do a leg or two per day. But again, personal preference. I enjoy the small town overnights, most people don't.

drupilot54 likes this.
  13. Jordan93

The Bar in Wausau is a gem.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Finny likes this.
  14. drupilot54

Okay let me spill some beans. I have some family in Canada that i would love to see frequently and i was thinking being out of NY, 900 would be the best for that. But i think you guys are right, for now i should just get some experience right of IOE to solidify that foundation in the airplane and then i can think of personal gains. There is always room to move up on the next bids i am sure. Why not get the experience in both of the planes and that way i can brag about it to my piston flying friends. :D

15. Jordan93

200 does Canada flying too. I started on the 200 then moved the 900. Schedule was the same for me and I stayed the same relative seniority in base. I agree with Finny that the quick hops in the 200 will get you really good at flying the plane, getting the plane ready for the quick turns, etc. There are always vacancies for the 200 and 900 in NYC so it won't be an issue switching from one to other if you want to.

16. drupilot54

That's great to hear. It seems like NY is the way to go for the lowest to no reserve time. DTW is achievable, but even on the 200, there is a few months on reserve from what i understand through @Finny

17. jetstar242

jetstar242 Well-Known Member

Congrats! See you in class very soon! :)  

To all of you guys at EDV, what are the schedules like on 200 vs 900 out of LGA? My goal is to stay away from 4-5 day trips as much as possible (well eventually I do realize that I fly what I get but as time moves on I would like to be home more often or do shorter trips), think it will be easier to get that on a -200? :)

drupilot54 likes this.
  18. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Well-Known Member

Congrats!!! That's interesting that your airline spits up between 200 and 900, isn't that the same type rating? My last airline had E170, E175 and E190 and it was all 'same same'.

19. KSCessnaDriver

Why? Endeavor is hardly the only airline to do it that way. Expressjet (ASA) has the 200 group as one group and the 700/900 as another. The planes are different enough to warrant it, IMO.

20. drupilot54

Actually that is good question @jetstar242 I wonder what the schedule would be like to on 200 to the 900.