1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to Buy Clarity Aloft or Quiet Technologies Halo headset

Discussion in 'The Trading Post' started by pwapilot, Feb 21, 2017.

1. pwapilot

pwapilot Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

I'm looking to buy one of these two. I don't need TSO - just the most basic version would be fine. Please PM me if you're looking to sell yours.

Thank you!

2. pigpenracing

pigpenracing Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor and get the Clarity Aloft! The Clarity link with Bluetooth is pretty good :)
    I have been a Clarity user. I ordered a Halo to use in a different airplane because it was cheaper. I sent it right back. Looked like a 2 year old threw it together. It was not worth my time to even try it.
    The Clarity is a nice built headset.

3. killbilly

killbilly Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens

That's odd. You didn't even try it out?

I've owned both. Prefer the Halo.

AA34 likes this.
  4. ozone

ozone Well-Known Member

I have only ever tried the Halo. I use it for towing gliders in a PA-18 as well as fly club planes ranging from a PA28 to a cirrus SR 20. It works well in all situations. I like that it's user serviceable in the field. I like that the designer/builder considered the potential problems with ear wax build up and made fixes for it. I like the lightweight and comfortable fit. The yellow color I picked helps me not forget it at the end of the day.

5. avi8tor

avi8tor Well-Known Member

I have the clarity aloft also and like them a lot. One tip though if your going to buy this type of headset go to an audiologist and have a set of ear pieces made for your headset, much better than the foam ear tips.

6. pwapilot

pwapilot Well-Known Member

Hey so I ended up finding a new one on the Halo website (for the past couple days there were none available), so I should be good for now, but thanks for your inputs!