1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest! Early registration available for NetworkJC 2014 ends July 31st!
    SAVE SOME LOOT
    October 22, 2014 at The Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Eventbrite - NetworkJC 2014, presented by Jetcareers.com

CFI record keeping

Discussion in 'CFI Corner' started by Aviator524, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Aviator524

Aviator524 Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to know what is the proper way to keep records for logbook endorsments, practical test endorsments, and knowledge test sign offs. Should I make a photocopy of each each endorsement or could I make a spreadsheet, documenting what endorsment I gave ? Thanks for any advice.

-Joe
  2. CFIT99

CFIT99 I'm probably commenting ironically...

excel spreadsheet
  3. mshunter

mshunter Well-Known Member

I used to log them in my own logbook in the back under "Memorandims" or something like that. It doesn't matter how you keep a record, just keep one. You will need it for two years IIRC. So every month or so, purge your records if you keep them electronically. Looking back, I wish thats what I would have done.
  4. CDNPilotDave

CDNPilotDave Well-Known Member

Spreadsheets are quick and dirty. They do the job. For something that's a little more formal, if you are up on your Word (pun intended) processing, you could keep a copy of the endorsements you've given in a table, with date and other particulars, AND print the endorsement on an appropriately sized (rhymes with Savory to avoid brand bias) label that could be affixed to the logbook. Locate a copy of the AC 61-65E and you can pretty much cut and paste the basic text and enter the endorsees info with minimal typing.
  5. Aviator524

Aviator524 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it!