1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Authorities search for missing singer in Mexico after plane crash

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by fholbert, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Itchy

Itchy Well-Known Member

That thing looks like it went in fully stalled, pancaking. And DOB of pilot, 1934? Another one past TBO????
  2. ComplexHiAv8r

ComplexHiAv8r Well-Known Member

Third one.
  3. tiredcfi

tiredcfi Not a child of magenta

So whats next? Age 75 rule or age restrictions for all commercial operations? Maybe I should start a poll...
  4. Itchy

Itchy Well-Known Member

Is that a VFR only limitation on the lear rating? Did not know you could even get that......
  5. Corporate Pilot

Corporate Pilot Well-Known Member

I take it that this is the picture the pax took before the crash because it is not of a Learjet. No boots on the tail of a Lear and a Lear has a T-tail.
  6. A Life Aloft

A Life Aloft Well-Known Member

No the pix the pax took of them was taken inside the plane and was posted just before the crash on the person's Instagram account with a message and is plastered all over the internet. Apparently Jacob was her make-up artist. "Jacob Yebale commented on the picture he posted, “We getting Back To Mexico City…..jenni Rivera, Arturo, Gigi, and Me...Los Amooo!” :

[​IMG]

The photo of the plane came off a news website in Mexico that I thought was reporting on the crash, but then I don't speak Spanish and was rushing a bit. If that photo is incorrect, my bad. I screwed up. I shouldn't have rushed to find a photo when I was otherwise busy.
  7. Boris Badenov

Boris Badenov I believed in them, don't you believe in us?

62 miles out even a bitchjet would be well above any terrain in that area. I'd think a Lear 20-series would be in the 20s, maybe the 30s.
  8. PositionAndHold

PositionAndHold Well-Known Member

Yeah if I remember right you can easily get an initial climb rate of up to 10,000-14,000fpm out of a straight jet 25. But if they got held down low by controllers and thought they were on a different airway or some thing.....smack. Even in the 45 we can go sea level to fl450 in about 20-25 mins, depending on weight and temps.
  9. Inverted

Inverted You can snap roll anything, once...

You can be through 18k in a couple of minutes. I bet a 25 could easily do 3,000fpm. The LRJET type with a VFR only limitation makes no sense. He wouldn't be able to fly above 18k...
    inigo88 likes this.
  10. A Life Aloft

Thanks, that is what is puzzling about this. Well several things have me puzzled at this point. It's difficult to ascertain at this point what his actual altitude may have been when they crashed. It's being reported that ATC lost contact at 11k and 62 miles into the flight. (if that is correct at this point) So who knows. Another report is saying they impacted terrain which was about 9k. Again, who knows yet.

Also, I got these photos from a more reliable source this time. (sorry for the first botch up) Not much to see though. Looks pretty awful.

lear crash 1.jpg

lear crash 2.jpg
  11. inigo88

inigo88 Dreaming of canards in the desert...

That debris field looks more plausible. The first one looked like a Baron.
    pullup likes this.
  12. trafficinsight

trafficinsight Well-Known Member

US license issued on the basis of a Mexican one. Mexican registered jet I'm assuming.

Sent from 1865 by telegraph....
  13. A Life Aloft

FAA registry says it's owned by an LLC in Vegas. They seem to have a number of aircraft registered to them.
  14. PositionAndHold

PositionAndHold Well-Known Member

This site is claiming a rapid descent from fl350 to 9,000ft and they were just 62 miles from Monterrey airport. Now this is they only source I've found that mentions the rapid descent, but if correct, definitely changes things. The LR25 will descend as impressively as it climbs, it'll easily do 1:1 or more all day. As in 1 mile for every thousand feet of altitude, 40 miles out at fl400 and it'll make the airport.

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/10317/20121210/jenni-rivera-plane-crash-details-begin-surface.htm
  15. MikeD

MikeD Administrator Staff Member

inigo88 and A Life Aloft like this.
  16. Douglas

Douglas Old School KSUX

Missing? Things are complicated in Mexico, but did they check the back of the airplane.
  17. Italianaviator

Italianaviator Well-Known Member

18. SeanD

SeanD Well-Known Member

Is anything legit in Mexico these days that isnt tied to drugs somehow? So its possible this Lear was a POS with a phony MX cert?
  19. CFI A&P

CFI A&P Well-Known Member

I once gave a lesson to the reporter in this video report: http://cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2012/12/10/tsr-pkg-dunnan-rivera-plane-crash.cnn

Her boyfriend/ fiancee/ husband or something also flew and she though she would try out a lesson or two.
  20. Wheelsup23

Wheelsup23 Well-Known Member

Guy I fly with typed and flies 25-35 he thinks pressurization was the cause.

What I DO know is several Mexican police were arrested for stealing from the crash site. That is wrong on so many levels.