1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AirTran FO suspended for being in uniform at a circus

Discussion in 'Airline Pilots' started by Trip7, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Trip7

Trip7 Stay Schemin...

Fellow Pilots,
    Yesterday, your NPA leadership was notified by the company that First Officer xxxxx xxxx was suspended for five days simply because he dropped off his kids at the recent Family Awareness Circus Event while wearing his uniform. First Officer xxxx was on his way to work at the time, and merely stopped by the event to drop off his family so they could enjoy a day at the circus. To the best of the NPA's knowledge, First Officer xxxx has had a spotless record during his tenure at AirTran Airways. Despite his record of faithful service to this airline, AirTran senior management made the decision to suspend this pilot merely to fire a shot across the NPA's bow in regards to wearing uniforms at union-sanctioned events. Your union finds this action by the company to be completely unacceptable.
    What could AirTran senior management possibly hope to gain by taking this unwarranted action against a faithful employee? The answer is obvious. Management’s intent is clearly to intimidate our members and scare you into not taking part in union-sanctioned activities. Prior to issuing this suspension, senior management threatened the NPA with the possibility of a suspension if we refused to relinquish our right to wear our uniforms at union events and demonstrations. The NPA steadfastly refused to relinquish our rights, and management's retaliation was swift. Make no mistake, senior management understands clearly that our strength is in our unity, and intimidation and scare tactics aim to divide and conquer this pilot group. We must stand strong and unified, and refuse to allow these tactics to divide us.
    As a union, we must always remember that an attack on one of our pilots is an attack on all of our pilots. Today the victim is First Officer xxxx, tomorrow the victim could be any one of you. Who will be the next pilot that senior management chooses to use as an example? The way to prevent this is to stand together and act as one unified group.
    Rest assured, your NPA Board of Directors will use every resource at its disposal to defend this pilot and any other pilot that management chooses to attack in this manner. Your Board of Directors has unanimously decided to provide First Officer xxxx with flight pay loss to compensate for his lost pay due to this suspension. We will also vigorously pursue a grievance to strike this unwarranted blemish from his previously spotless employment record.
    Remember, as union pilots, we must join together in common purpose and act as one unified group. We must defend our own. We must not back down to threats and intimidation tactics. We will not be intimidated. We will not be divided.
    In Unity,
    Your NPA Board of Directors

2. cencal83406

cencal83406 Tre Kronor

That is F'in bullmerde.
  3. amorris311

amorris311 Well-Known Member

there needs to be goons in unions again. break people in half. that gets points across and others to keep their mouths shut!
  4. SteveC

SteveC Really? Staff Member

Sweet!
  5. Alchemy

Alchemy Well-Known Member

I volunteer you and seggy.
  6. amorris311

amorris311 Well-Known Member

seggy cant for obvious reasons. i on numerous occasions have said i am more than willing to be that goon. :)
  7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Forget breaking their knees or pooping in their files.

Just moon them.

It's been two years and I still haven't gotten the image out of my head.
  8. SpiraMirabilis

SpiraMirabilis Possible Subversive

Bender: I've always wanted to break into gooning.
  9. WacoFan

WacoFan What difference, at this point, does it make.

There is actually some amount of truth to this. My grandpa told me years ago, before I really knew or cared, that ALPA had an identitiy crisis - didn't know if it was an "association" or a "union". Grandpa thought that there were people that tried to "gentrify" what should probably be more like a union. This was in the early 80's.

For all the lava that flows about Velo's jumpseat uses...I actually agree with it. If you are union and gain work rules, you should use whatever power you have. The pilots union needs to get tougher.
  10. aloft

aloft Penalty Box

How the hell would AirTran management know that he dropped his kids off enroute to work? What's next, stopping at Taco Bell on the way to the airport? Insanity.
  11. SmoothLanderJ

SmoothLanderJ Well-Known Member

That doesnt make any sense at all. Why would they suspend him for that? I dont get it.
  12. Soul Brotha'

Soul Brotha' Well-Known Member

Who's the d-bag that reported him? I think this was an union event, so I really hope it wasn't a fellow pilot. If so I'm joining the goon squad.
  13. JoelT

JoelT Well-Known Member

There is nothing to get. AT's management is a bunch of hateful bastages. That is why I left. I put up with it for ten months before I could no longer take it. I hope the "battered pilot syndrome" at AT is coming to a close and they grow a spine (no offense to PCL).
  14. jynxyjoe

jynxyjoe The Kickin' Chicken!

Bender: Compare your lives to mine, and then kill yourself.
  15. VNAVPTH

VNAVPTH New Member

Typical management tactic during negotiations.
  16. BobDDuck

BobDDuck Gone whale watching...

Oh wow... I'd totally forgotten about that until you brought it up.

Wonderful. Just wonderful.
  17. surreal1221

surreal1221 Well-Known Member

Not sure if we'll see him back here again. . .
  18. SmoothLanderJ

Why do you think that?
  19. surreal1221

surreal1221 Well-Known Member

Just a nice observation. I certainly hope I'm wrong. That's about all I'll say for fear of my life! :sarcasm:
  20. SmoothLanderJ

Yeah tell me about it....... :whatever: